When one is hungry, a quick meal is necessary. This quick noodle soup is easy to prepare and easier to cook. All it takes is 10 minutes of your time. This recipe is a god-send. Well. me send as I created this! Oh I believe many busy mums would have invented it as well. We mums do the best things.
So how does one get to make this noodle meal so quickly?
By being organised. Cut and pack the meat or vegan meat and prawns or squid and freeze it. Separate them into individual portions. Have the necessities on hand, like garlic crisps and oil, sesame oil, soy sauce and other garnishes. I normally like to to buy noodles that comes in individual bundles. I can use this and need not separate it from the main bundle, thus avoiding mess, and wasting unnecessary time.
You can use rice vermicelli, or beehoon; or, egg noodle nests that comes in approximately 50g; or any type of noodles.
Beansprouts cannot last very long in the fridge, so I do not normally have it. I do normally have green vegetables like lettuce, Chinese leaves and cabbage. You can even use beans like French beans or mangetout or sweet peas (sugar snaps). Cut kale leaves and spinach is fine, too.
Now you have all the ingredients, let’s cook it.
Quick Noodle Soup in 10 minutes
- small pot
- 350 ml Hot water
- 1 tsp Chicken stock granules or half a stock cube
- 1 bundle Noodles, dried, about 50g per person
- 50 g Chicken breast, sliced
- 50 g Fish cake, sliced
- 50 g Prawns, raw, shelled
- 1 handful Beansprouts remove tail if you wish.
- 1 leaf Lettuce shreded
- 1 tsp Preserved Tien Sin vegetable chopped or snipped with scissors
- 1 tsp Garlic oil and crisps ( pre prepared)
- spring onions chopped
- Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- A shake White pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cut chillies
- Pour hot water into a pot and bring to the boil. Add in the stock granules or cube.
- When the water is boiling, add in the rice noodles or whatever noodles you use.
- Once the noodles have softened, add in the sliced chicken. Stir.
- Then add in the fish cake. Stir.
- Add in the prawns and stir through, until it changes colour.
- Then add in the beansprouts and stir through.
- Finally add in the lettuce leaves. Stir and make sure the prawns are cooked.
- Switch off the fire.
- Add the Tien Sin vegetable to the serving bowl and plate up.
- Garnish with soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic oil and crisps, chopped spring onions and coriander, if used.
- Serve with fresh cut chillies in soy sauce.