My Almost Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Well, as promised, this is my chocolate chip cookies. I have tried many times and it turns out great.
If you are allergic to nuts, then you can omit them. I used up all my left-over nuts from my various recipes. It turned out just as nice. For your information, I used up all my pistachios, walnuts and I had to add some peanuts which I bought for my peanut cookies.
Here is the recipe:
Time: About 80 minutes
Makes: 200-250 pcs, depending on size
135g Caster sugar
135g Brown sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
125g Whole eggs
380g Plain flour
5g Sodium bicarbonate
35g Desiccated coconut
235g Chocolate chips
75g Nuts –almond, hazel nuts – chopped
5g Salt( if butter is salted)
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla essence and salt until creamy.
- Add in the eggs slowly.
- Add in flour, sodium bicarbonate and desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Add in the chopped nut and the chocolate chips.
- Use teaspoon to shape and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. (or a greased baking sheet)
- Bake at 170C , Mk 3, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
This makes great gifts. Wrap it up in nice cellophane paper with ribbons.