Hungry? In a hurry? Need something really healthy?
Here is the answer – Mug Omelette!
I tried making cakes in mugs before and since I am more of a savoury person, it would be nice to make savoury, low pro-points and quick snacks.
So here is my recipe for a quickie lunch, brunch, snack or whatever time you are hungry.
Difficulty: Dead easy
Time: Less than 5 minutes
Pro points: 2 pro-points
My microwave is 900 watts. If you have a different wattage, please adjust the time. It helps if you keep an eye on it when cooking to prevent over-flowing.
3 Tbsp. Frozen mixed vegetables – I used peas, carrots and sweet corn mix
1 Medium egg
Salt and pepper and other seasoning
Calorie controlled spray
- Spray a microwave safe cup with calorie controlled spray.
- Add in the frozen vegetables and microwave for 1 minute. Stir the vegetables and ping for another 30 second or so, up to your liking.
- Stir the vegetables.
- Crack in the egg and season with salt and pepper ( or a dash of soy sauce), and mix with a fork.
- Microwave for about 50 seconds.
- The egg will rise and will settle a bit when the cooking is done.
- Dig in!