Making Pineapple Jam is easy. We make this jam for pineapple jam tarts. These tarts are very popular during Hari Raya ( Celebration days) or Eid Al-Fitr as know here in the UK. In fact it is eaten all year round.
I wanted to post this recipe for Chinese New Year but I had some problems with my computer and did not managed to do it. So now Hari Raya is around the corner. It is still a good time to post as it will be useful for some who wants to make this jam for the tarts.
Here is the recipe.
Let me know how it goes.
If you find value in my blog posts and recipes, do subscribe and share. This would help to keep me motivated.
Have a great day!
- 2 Pineapples
- 500 g Castor sugar or there about
- 5 cm Cinnamon stick
- 3 -5 pcs Cloves
- Remove skin and eyes from the pineapple and cut into chunks – small enough to fit the inlet nozzle of the food processor. Grate the pineapple using the fine setting. Or you could grate it by hand
- Pour the grated pineapple into a sieve and let it drain for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the juice (you can chill it in the fridge and drink it later or make cocktails or mock tails out of it).
- Weigh out the pineapple pulp.
- You would need to use half the amount in weight for the sugar.
- Put the pulp, cinnamon and cloves in a deep pan or pot. Simmer it until it is dry.
- Add in the sugar and stir till it dissolves.
- Leave to simmer for about 45 minutes, turning it often, until it is caramelised and golden brown in colour.
- Remove from fire and pack into sterilised jars.