Nothing to eat!
Is a common phrase in many homes. Some times it indicates that there is no food. Most of the time it just indicates that there is no food that we like to eat is available at home. I think it is usually the 2nd case. The solution is to have some handy food like canned goods and some staples like rice, pasta, soups, etc. These are ingredients that one can make easy and quick meals.
This recipe is a common one when we were kids. Mum would sometimes be so busy as she has to take care of the business. So when we need to cook dinner, this is one of the dishes that we get. It is cheap, easy to cook and tasty too.
The pilchard or sometimes known as sardines can be used as a filling for sandwich. Omit the water and if necessary, drain the fish before flaking it to make the filling.
We also make sardine rolls with the flaked sardine/pilchard, raw onions and lime juice and
wrapped in short-crust pastry.
Here is the recipe for the pilchards
I am sure you will like this recipe. If you don’t like fish…. hmmmmm. Too bad. But not to worry. There are other recipes for you too
Do let me know how it goes. Please share this recipe and like and subscribe to the channel.
Until the next tale…. Cheers and thanks.
3- Ingredient Pilchards In Tomato Sauce
- 1 tin (400g) Pilchards in tomato sauce
- 2 medium Onions - sliced
- 150 ml Tomato sauce You can add more.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 sprig Spring Onion - chopped
- Rice or bread/toast/ mash
- Open the can of pilchards and set aside
- Sliced the onions thinly.
- Fry the onions with a table spoon of oil, or use a calorie controlled spray.
- Fry until the onion is lightly coloured.
- Add in the fish. Stir to mix
- Add in some water about 100 ml or up to your liking.
- Add the tomato sauce.
- Stir to mix and bring to a boil
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes until the onion
- Dish up and garnish the chopped spring onions.
- Serve with rice or bread/toast