Crispy Duck Breast is a recipe that I do when I want to have duck but when I am not willing to spend that much time to prepare a roast duck, Chinese style.
This duck recipe is pan-fried duck breast and takes about 30 minutes to cook, if you do not want to add the extra effort to make the skin really crispy. To make it crispy, you only need to add in the standing time in the fridge. There is not extra work needed, just time for the ingredients to do the magic,
Do give it a try, it is worth the extra effort.
Let me know how it goes. and don’t forget to share this recipe with your family and friends, and hit the subscribe button.
Here is the recipe and the visual instructions.
Crispy Duck Breast Recipe Pan-fried Duck Breast
This duck recipe is pan-fried and takes about 30 minutes to make. If you want a crispier skin, then follow the recipe by marinating the skin with bicarbonate of soda.
Servings: 4 serving
- 1 Non-stick pan
- 1 Measuring spoons, etc
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 baking parchment
- 1 Food turner/ spatula
- 4 Prepared duck breasts
- ½ tbsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tbsp 5-spice powder
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp White vinegar
- Pat dry the duck breast
- Score the duck skin with a sharp knife making diamond shaped cuts.
- Pat dry again.
- Sprinkle some bicarbonate of soda on the skin and rub it in.
- Put the duck breast on a lined tray and keep in the fridge for at least 4 to 6 hours or overnight, uncovered.
- Before cooking, remove from the fridge.
- Brush the skin with the vinegar., and leave for about 3 minutes.
- Then dab the skin dry with kitchen towels.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of 5- spice powder on the skin.
- Then season with salt,
- Turn the breast over and season with the 5-spice powder and salt.
- Place the duck breast on a cold non-stick frying pan, skin side down.
- Heat up the pan on medium. The fat from the duck will sizzle and render out.
- When the skin is brown and crispy. About 5 to 6 minutes, Flip the breasts over and fry for 1 minute.
- Remove the breast onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven 180C for about 12 to 15 minutes. If you prefer it pink then cook for less time. Or you might prefer it well done like me, you can bake for a few more minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven, pour away the duck fat, and rest or 5 to 8 minutes,
- Then slice and serve with the sauces and salad or rice, or a stir-fry.