Just a short note to wish You a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
May 2022 be a better year for all of us.
I wish you:
Plenty of opportunities to better yourself,
More time to pamper and self-care,
Great friends and good social support,
Be around people you who care for you and you care for them in return,
More time for physical and mental activities
A spiritual sphere where you can meditate, and have unconditional support,
Families and friends whom you can count on.
I would like to share this quotation by Nichiren Daishonin,
New Year’s Day marks the first day, the first month, the beginning of the year, and the start of spring.1 A person who celebrates this day will accumulate virtue and be loved by all, just as the moon becomes full gradually, moving from west to east,2 and as the sun shines more brightly, traveling from east to west.
~ Nichiren Daishonin ( a 13th Century Japanese Buddhist Monk)
WND I: 172New Year’s Gosho, ( pp.1137 – 1138 )
1. According to the Japanese lunar calendar, spring begins with the first month—that is, on New Year’s Day by that calendar, which on the Gregorian calendar falls somewhere between January 21 and February 19.
2. This refers to the fact that the new moon is first seen in the west just after sunset. On successive nights, as the moon grows fuller, it appears to have moved a little farther toward the east.
Here are some entertainment to keep you busy if you are not busy enough already!
- Make easy spring rolls to impress your guests. Spring rolls
- Make more wealth for 2022. Money bags
- Learn about winter solstice, which the Chinese celebrates. Winter solstice
- Use your Xmas, New year left-overs deliciously. Fried rice
and loads more.
All likes and subscribes are greatly appreciated.
# photo credit: from the window display of Faye @medipod clinic, Hinckley, UK.