Here is the peanut cream recipe that I served in my Vegetarian Dinner. It is very simple and you can make it in 10 minutes. It is a long forgotten recipe over here in the UK. We do not normally find this in restaurants.
Serves: 4 at least, with enough for 6
Time: 10 minutes
Smart points: per recipe: 102
SP per serving: 17 …Uurrgh!
250g Smooth peanut butter
1000ml Water or milk or soy milk if you want a richer taste
6 Tsp Cornflour or rice flour
6 Tbsp Water
- In a pot, whisk the peanut butter with some water to form a paste and slowly add in the rest of the water.
- Place over medium flame and heat. Add in the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a gentle boil for a minute or two.
- Mix the flour with the water and add to the pot. You might not need to use all the starch mixture.
- Switch off flame and serve hot in individual bowls.
There, you have the yummy hot dessert!
Do try the recipe and tell me how you got on with it.
Until the next post, do like and give a thumbs up and don’t forget to share the URL instead of copy and paste.