What is Zero Point Hash Browns?
Hmm, good question.
As you know I have been back to keeping my weight down and trying to get super fit. It is always a challenge. I have been there and back, there and back and back again. You know what I mean when one always have a challenge trying to keep one’s weight on a healthy level. I am back at Weight-Watchers again and it is taking me ages to get to my goal. I am still plodding along.
There are no food that is out-of-bounds. However, I notice the way the plan is done is that it gravitates one to less carbo consumption. So there is a need to reduce my carbo intake.
This is the nearest I can get to enjoy hash browns. It is not that I am particularly fond of hash, mash or chips. It is just that I need to have more zero-point food. I don’t like cauliflower rice. Rice has to taste like rice, me being Asian ( Asian as from the Asian continent, not the Asian as in what the Brits understand). And cauli rice is bitter. I prefer cauli as a stir-fry. Sometimes I do crave for carbo. So this is a good substitute.
Level of difficulty: easy
Time: 10 mins to prep 25 mins to bake
2 cans (400 g ) Chick pea , drained
1 red onion – chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Extra spices if you fancy.
- Pre-heat oven to gas MK 5 or 190 C.
- Lightly crush the chickpeas so that you have some that are crushed and some whole. This will give some texture to the ‘hash’.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment.
- Divide the mixture into 2. Shape both into a rectangle. Divide each into 6 pieces, making sure there is space in between to ensure that it will crisp when baked.
- Spray with calorie controlled oil spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove and serve with your favourite breakfast, tea or dinner.
In the photo, I have used some spices to add extra flavour to the hash. Just making it more interesting.
I hope you like this ‘innovation’, and enjoy eating the right food for your health!
Do click ‘like’ and share by sharing the URL.
Until the next post, stay positive, keep calm and carry on with your healthy regime.
Note: Smart Points and Weight-Watchers logos are the copyright of Weight-Watchers International Inc.