Easy stir-fried sugar snaps is a one-pot meal.
We all lead busy lives and sometimes, cooking is the last thing we want to do. Even though I love to cook, I have other things to do as well. I say one-pot is because I only cook this one dish.
This dish contains protein, loads of vegetables and is super tasty. It take about less than 30 minutes from start to finish. I mean from preparing the vegetables from scratch. Of course of you want to use prepared vegetables, it will be less time.
When combined with rice, you have a balanced meal, protein, vegetables and carbohydrate.
Of course, I suggest you start the rice cooking in a rice cooker before you start on this dish. Then when you are done with it, the rice is cooked and you have a great meal. Less cooking = less washing up. HURRAY!
Here is the recipe.
Please note that for this one-pot dish, I usually make it with a bit more sauce so that it drenches the rice. It can be a bit dry since there is not soup.
I hope you like it. Please like, subscribe and click the notification bell to get new recipes in your in box.
If you made it, please share your results.
Easy Stir-fried Sugar Snaps A One-pot Meal
- 1 pan or wok
- 1 ladle
- 2 packs Sugar snaps - top and tail (about 300g total)
- 1 pack Baby sweet corn – cut into slices
- 1 Medium carrot – cut to thin fancy slices or roll cut
- 1 Medium onion cut into wedges
- 250 g Fresh closed cup mushroom – cut into quarters.
- 2 cloves Garlic - chopped
- 300 g Chicken breast, sliced
- 4 tbsp Vegetarian stir fried sauce or oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- White pepper powder
- A swirl of sesame oil
- 1 tsp Corn flour
- 2 tsp Corn flour mix with about 50 ml water
- Salt and pepper
- A dash of sesame oil.
- 2 tbs Shao shing wine
- Marinade the chicken with the marinade ingredient
- Spray a frying pan / wok with oil. or use 2 tbsp of oil
- Fry the chicken in one layer until lightly browned/charred about 2 minute.
- Turnover and fry the other side.
- You may need to fry it in 2 batches.
- Remove and set aside.
- Spray or add in 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add in the garlic and fry until it colours.
- Add in the carrots, toss, then the baby corns. Toss around for a minute.
- Add in the vegetarian stir-fry sauce / oyster sauce. Toss and add a splash of water,100 ml. Stir and cover for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar snaps and toss until coated with the sauce. Let it cook for another 1-2 minutes, then add in the mushrooms and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes. Add extra water if it is too dry or you prefer more sauce.
- Thicken the sauce with the corn flour mix. Stir thoroughly to mix and add sprinkle with some pepper.
- If you are using shao shing wine, add it now.
- Stir and plate up and serve.