Yes, you read right!. Omelette soup!
I was recently trying to recall some of the food that I had in my childhood. And this soup came to my mind. We used to eat this regularly. It is easy to make, healthy and delicious. It is our food to go when my dad or brother came home and there was nothing much left on the table. They work late, you see. We had a service station and sometimes it got very busy.
You need only 1 ingredient ( disregarding the seasoning). Yes only 1. Of course, you can add more if you want. Adding leafy vegetables would make it a complete meal.
If I want a healthy and warm soup, with zero points, then this is one of the easiest comfort foods in my repertoire.
Here is the recipe.
Difficulty: Child’s play
Cost: Dirt cheap.
0 Smart Points
2 to 3 eggs ( depending on how hungry you are.)
Water or stock or granules of your choice.
Green leafy veg like bok choi or Chinese cabbage, spinach, lettuce.
To garnish: Chopped Spring onions, Tian Jin preserved vegetable.
- In a bowl, break the eggs, and beat them, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a frying pan. Spray with calorie controlled spray.
- Tip the eggs into it and spread /swirl it around.
- Let it cook and then flip to cook the other side. When done to your liking, cut it up into pieces with your food turner.
- Add a cup of water or stock. ( around 250 to 300ml)
- Bring to a boil. Season and dish up
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and preserved Tien Jin vegetable if using. If you have garlic crisps in oil, (click here), add in a pinch of it.
Add in vegetables if you are using. Bring to boil again.
Serve with rice. or just on its own.
Do you think this is a good meal? Try it and let me know how it goes.
Do Click ‘like’ and ‘share’ the link in your social media.
Until the next post,