This is a quick easy breakfast for a lazy person. This one has very little washing up and there is not need to fry or bake. Just use the microwave. It is cheap, easy and low in smart points. If you are watching your weight or a Weight-watcher, or a member of Slimming World, this is for you.
Difficulty: Dead easy
Time: 5 minutes
Smart points: 3 Per serving:
1 Big open cap mushroom – you can use ordinary or Portobello
2 Bacon medallions
Salt and pepper
Salad of your choice
- Place 2 sheets of paper kitchen towels on a microwave safe plate.
- Place the mushroom cap-side up in the centre of the plate. You might want to cut off the stem so that the egg will sit nicely later on. Just leave the stem in the cap as there is no need to throw it away. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Then place the 2 bacon medallions around the mushroom.
- Microwave for about 1 ½ minutes.
- Turn the bacon over so that the sides that were facing the centre of the plate is now facing out. Crack the egg into the mushroom cap making sure it sits nicely in the centre. Season with salt and pepper and prick the yolk.
- Microwave for 1 to 1 ½ minutes ( depend on how hard you want the yolk to be).
- By this time the bacon would be cooked.
- In a serving dish, prepare a mount of salad leaves. Remove the mushroom/egg and place on the salad. Snip the bacon over the mushroom/egg and garnish as you like.
There, you have a quick and easy all in one breakfast, with minimal washing up. All done in less than 5 minutes.
If you feel that you need to have more breakfast to fill you up, serve with around 150g of baked beans for a 2 to 3 extra smart points ( depending on what brand of beans you use).