Hmm, you might think that this is a left-over recipe featuring left-over Chicken. Well, you are right and wrong.
I decided to make some pasta using pesto. So I have some left-over pesto. I only used about 1/3 of the small jar of the pesto, so I have excess.
Since it was quite sunny and BBQ was in our minds, I decided to barbecue the chicken thighs that I had in the fridge. I was feeling a bit lazy so I did not fancy doing a lot of cooking. So this recipe suited me fine.
The recipe is super easy and I did not actually measure the exact amount.
Here is the recipe:
Left-over Pesto BBQ Chicken Bowl
Left – over pesto sauce – about 1/3 of a small jar
4 chicken thighs skin removed if you prefer
Salt and pepper
Some oil for basting or calorie controlled spray
- Make a few slashes across the thick part of the chicken thighs.
- Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Rub the pesto into the chicken making sure the pesto gets onto the slashes.
- Marinade in the fridge for at least an hour or longer.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and place over glowing charcoal or coal.
- Alternatively, heat up a grill and place the chicken under a slow grill. barbecue or grill for about 8 to 10 minutes. Turn over and grill for another 8 minutes or so. Make sure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving. To check: prick the thickest part of the chicken with a knife or fork and ensure that the juice that runs out is no longer pink. If it is still pink, barbecue for another 1 to 2 minutes or until the juice runs clear.
- Remove and serve with your favourite sides, eg, on a bun with all the sauces and accompaniments.
As I was feeling a bit lazy, I had mine with rice and vegetables and some gravy. All served in a bowl, a simple and delicious, complete and balanced meal.
For extra taste, serve with chilli sauce as well.
Have you had any ‘don’t like to cook’ moment? Do share your recipes.
If you enjoy this post, please ‘like’ and ‘share’. I hope to hear from you.